Huawei had recently launched E3231 Hi link dongle in the market. I have already provided the unlocking solution of Huawei E3231 Hilink modem. Today, one person updated his unlocked Hilink E3231 Hi-link data card with Huawei Hi Link Web UI 11.010.06.02.910 and after that his modem was bricked. The only green light was blinking.
Good news for those, who have already bricked his Huawei E3231 Hilink dongle and not able to connect his E3231 modem to the internet. Now repair solution is available for E3231 Hi link modem as well as Huawei E355 and Huawei E3276.
Why modem gets bricked?
Every model, it may be Huawei, ZTE, Micromax, Alcatel, Sierra wireless etc, have unique coding done by the programmer. While updating or changing the firmware, actually you are editing that internal program. If the program will match correctly then well and good, and if it does not match then your dongle will be bricked.
After bricking the modem, either it may be permanently dead (there will be no power in modem) or it may be half dead (green light will blink). After the so many years of experience, now I can repair maximum modems / routers / gateways / wingles using the software and firmware only.
How to repair bricked Huawei E3231 Hilink Modem?
1. Download the dashboard / WebUI of Huawei E3331s-2 12.003.05.01.03.
2. Connect your bricked E3231 Hilink modem into PC.
3. Remove any another modem, which is already connected to PC (If you don’t want brick your another dongle).
4. Run the downloaded WebUI.
5. It will detect your E3231 dongle.
6. Accept the agreement and proceed.
7. Wait till finish.
8. Now your E3231 bricked hi link data card repaired successfully.
Don’t forget to share the articles with your friends, as you have successfully repaired your Huawei E3231 Hilink modem.