Soon after unlocking the Saudi Arabia STC locked Huawei E5172s-920
WiFi router gateway, I got the success in the unlocking of the E5172As-22 router, which comes locked to Zain carrier. Like other Huawei FMC routers, as I had mentioned unlocking solutions for B683 Orange Uganda
, Zain E5172As-22 LTE CPE router can also be unlocked. Other routers which come with USB port like E5331
, E583x, E585U-82, E585
, E586, E587, E612/E618 and various other R series routers like R201, R210 can be easily unlocked, but for the unlocking of E5172, code writer or CardLock unlock tool software will not work. Zain locked Huawei E5172As-22 can not be unlocked by FMC unlocker tool
How to Unlock Huawei E5172As-22 (Zain Saudi) LTE CPE router?
1. Change the default SIM card with any another network provider SIM (insert other than Zain SIM card).
2. Reset the device with its Reset button.
3. Plug the device to the computer with its default LAN cable.
4. Switch ON the device.
5. A page with default IP address will be automatically opened (192.168.8.1/192.168.1.1).
6. Login to the device with admin username.
7. It should automatically direct you to the unlocking page, if not, then go to setting and search option for SIMLock / unlock.
8. Enter the correct 8-digit unlock code into the “SIMlock” text box.
9. Click Apply.
10. Your device should be automatically rebooted, if not then reset it again.
11. Now you should be able to see the network of inserted SIM card.
12. Create a new profile according to the new sim and connect to the internet.
Note : Don’t use any free / wrong codes into Zain Saudi Arabia Huawei E5172As-22 LTE CPE Huawei WiFi router gateway, otherwise it will be locked permanently. Pay 2.38 USD through PayPal button of this website and mention model with IMEI in the transaction.