Netgear / Sierra has launched various hotspot/broadband devices in various countries. It basically comes locked to a particular network, and one needs to unlock it using MEP Unlock Code. MEP unlock code can be provided by a network provider after completing the contractual period. Once you have got the MEP Unlock code for your corresponding IMEI, you can unlock it using Sierra Wireless unlocking software.
How to Unlock Sierra Wireless AirCard Mobile Broadband Devices?
Once you have got the MEP to unlock code from your operator, do the following:-
1. Turn off Sierra AirCard.
2. Open the battery compartment and remove the battery along with a SIM card.
3. Replace the battery and replace the battery compartment lid.
4. Connect the Sierra AirCard with a USB cable.
5. Plug USB to another end to Windows laptop/desktop.
6. It will start installing the drivers onto your PC / laptop (if it is the first time plugging the device into the PC / laptop).
7. Wait until Windows has completed detecting the device.
8. Run Sierra MEP Unlocking software and enter the MEP unlock code when prompted and hit Continue.
9. Once Sierra Wireless is unlocked successfully, disconnect the USB cable.
10. Open the battery compartment again and plug in the new simcard which you want to use.
11. Replace battery compartment lid.
12. Connect the Sierra Wireless to the PC using a USB cable.
13. Browse for 192.168.1.1.
14. Login into Sierra Wireless.
15. Create a profile through Advanced Settings.
Now you are ready to connect to the internet.