Earlier, we have seen that Microsoft has Windows 10 Build 10041, but instead of .ISO, the file is available in .ESD. The same can be converted into .ISO using third party app ESD Decrypter or nLite software.
In this post, I will discuss in detail to create bootable USB Disk of Windows 10 from ESD file. First, we will see “How to convert .ESD file into .ISO then after we will see, “how to create bootable USB disk of Windows 10”.
Download the both file, Windows 10 Build 10041 installation and ESD Decrypter from above mentioned link. Now, extract ESD Decrypter into a folder and copy the downloaded Windows 10 Build 10041 file in the folder of ESD Decrypter.
Select option 1 and hit Enter from keyboard. Now, the program will backup your original ESD file and then it will create ISO file in the same folder. Mean, within the conversion process of ESD to ISO, your original file will be not deleted.
The whole process between ESD to ISO conversion may take 10 to 15 minutes. Wait till you get on screen “Press any key to exit.” Press any key to exit command window and you will get a Windows 10 Build 10041 ISO file in the same folder of ESD Decrypter.
How to Create Bootable USB Disk of Windows 10 ISO ?
1. Download Rufus (It is a freeware tool and in size it is less than 1 MB. Currently its latest version 2.1 is available).
2. Connect USB disk / Pen drive to Windows PC. (Its size should be minimum 4GB. During the creation of bootable USB drive, its whole data will be erased. So, before proceeding with steps, copy the important data).
3. Run the Rufus utility. If UAC prompts then click ‘Yes’.
4. It will automatically detect removable device (if only one connected, or choose from device options). In front of “Create a bootable disk using” select ISO Image and click on CD drive icon. Select the ISO image which you have converted in above steps.
- Standard Windows installation
- Windows to Go
8. Click “Start”.
9. A warning window will be prompted. Click “OK”.
Now, if you want to install it in PC, then change the boot option to USB (Boot options can be get by pressing F10, F2, or ESC during the startup of PC).
If during installation of Windows 10, you get GPT partition error, then you need to erase the whole hard drive and create a fresh partition.
Or, if you don’t want to delete the partition and want to convert the partition to GPT then follow the steps :
2. Run the following command :
3. Identify the drive to reformat by issuing the following command :
4. Now use following commands one by one :
select disk <disk number>
5. Close the command prompt window.
Now, you can continue with the Windows 10 Setup installation.