Gionee M2 had been released with Android Jelly Bean OS, and company had recently confirmed that Android 4.4 KitKat will be available. Now, the KitKat 4.4 update is available for Gionee’s M2 smartphone, and the same can can be downloaded the link which is provided below at the end of the article.
Note: Your data will not be lost however, it is advised to take a backup before proceeding to the flashing steps.
How to upgrade Gionee M2 to Android 4.4 KitKat :
1. Make sure you have downloaded the Android Driver, SP Flash Tool and corresponding firmware file (4GB or 8GB).
2. Unzip the downloaded files.
3. Open “Android Driver Install” and double click on “AutoRun_Install”.
4. Disconnect your device from your computer.
5. Open folder named “Flash Tool” and double click on “Flash_tool” application file.
6. Select “Scatter-loading” option on the tool.
8. Click on “Firmware-Upgrade” option on the top as shown below.
10. The upgrade process will be triggered and you would be able to see the following screen.
Now, you have successfully update your Gionee M2 with Android 4.4 KitKat Update.
Change Log of Gionee M2 Android 4.4 KitKat Update :
- Android upgrade to KitKat
- New Desktop layout
- Added Touchpal input method for faster and more efficient typing experience
- Updated kingsoft office for more efficient work and study related operations
- Removed V9 search
- Added 3 Local Indian Languages：Hindi, Gujarati and Punjabi
Download Gionee M2 Firmware For 4GB Model
Download Gionee M2 Firmware for 8GB Model