Leading carrier of India, the Airtel is also selling the Huawei E5573s-606 model router in the country, which comes with zero (0) attempts left for unlocking, means the router comes with customized firmware. However, finally, I find the solution through firmware upgrade and device successfully unlocked.
Some details of E5573s-606 Airtel device:
Device name: E5573s-606
IMSI : 6214010********
Hardware version: CL1E5573SM
Software version: 21.180.17.01.284
Web UI version: 17.100.11.01.284
Before proceeding with firmware upgrade of E5573s-606 Airtel MiFi, download the following required files:
2. Huawei hilink drivers from https://routerunlock.com/download-huawei-hilink-modem-drivers-free/ and Huawei mobile partner from this link. (Install all drivers before proceeding with steps, it will not harm anything).
3. Firmware code you can generate from Universal Master Code tool.
How to Unlock customized E5573s-606 Airtel MiFi WiFi Router of India [FREE]?
1. Change the default SIM with another network provider and connect your Huawei E5573s-606 Airtel MiFi WiFi router to PC or laptop via its default USB cable.
2. Make sure that your router is charged at least 50%.
3. Extract the zip file Huawei_E5573s-606_Firmware_21.110.99.03.00_general and run P711S-E5 update_21.110.99.03.00.exe.
4. It will ask a password. Use firmware code as password.
5. Input the correct firmware code and wait till finish process.
6. Now, the device will again start installing drivers by itself.
7. If it is not detected by PC due for drivers problem then update the drivers manually through COM port (You have already downloaded Huawei Hi-link drivers and Huawei Mobile Partner).
8. Now, download DC unlocker from here or any another source (latest version).
9. Detect the device under DC unlocker.
10. Go to the end of the result.
11. Now type “AT^NVRDEX=50503,0,128” (without quotes) and press enter from the keyboard.
12. Now, it will show NV codes in hash format. Since it free of cost, copy and paste in comment box with full details. Hash code will be converted into the unlock code and will be replied back.
13. Now, extract Huawei_E5573s-320_Firmware_21.180.17.00.00_general.7z file in a folder.
14. Run the firmware setup file again. During this period, it will not ask the password again.
15. Wait till firmware successfully installs in the device. Now again, your router will start installing drivers automatically.
16. You will notice that all light are turned ON, including battery light and network light.
17. Open web-browser (Internet Explorer) in PC and browse for 192.168.8.1 (default IP of the router is changed).
18. Login to the router panel (username and password as admin).
19. Here, you will see, your device has 10 unlocking attempts left.
20. Just enter correct unlock password in a router and your router will be unlocked.
Note: Don’t try to enter any wrong unlock code into the router, otherwise it will be locked permanently.
Update: Now Spectranet Nigeria Huawei E5573s-606 comes with firmware version 21.315.01.00.1158 and WebUI / software 17.100.13.00.1158. It can be easily unlocked by our customized firmware, hence you don’t have to use boot shot method. We are offering unlocking of Spectranet Nigeria Huawei E5573 free of cost, means nothing have to pay.
Update II: Huawei E5573s-606 is also available in the Benin Republic which comes locked to Benin Telecoms. It is equipped with Hardware version: CL1E5573SM, firmware 21.200.15.00.1362 and Web UI version: 17.100.12.00.1362. It is unlocked with normal firmware change procedure as above mentioned.