Airtel India has recently launched a new Huawei‘s Mobile WiFi router, the E5573s-606 (Huawei E5573). It comes with customized firmware and there is no option to enter the unlock code. When you will change the default SIM card of Airtel with any another network, then it will show already used 10 codes and attempts to try is 0. It runs on the firmware version 21.180.17.01.284. You can also check the firmware version of your device.
Before proceeding with firmware upgrade, download the following required files:
1. Huawei E5573s-606 Firmware ver 21.110.99.03.00 general and Huawei E5573s-320 firmware ver 21.180.17.00.00 general.7z from https://routerunlock.com/download-huaweis-e5336-e5573-and-b593-firmware-and-webui-free/
2. Huawei hilink drivers from https://routerunlock.com/download-huawei-hilink-modem-drivers-free/
3. Firmware code you can generate from Universal Master Code tool or comment with model and IMEI to get it.
How to Unlock Customized Airtel’s Huawei E5573s-606 Mobile WiFi Router?
1. Connect your Huawei E5573s-606 router to PC or laptop via USB cable.
2. Make sure that your router is charged at least 50%.
3. Extract the zip file Huawei_E5573s-606_Firmware_21.110.99.03.00_general and run P711S-E5 update_21.110.99.03.00.exe.
4. It will ask a password. Use flash or firmware code as password.
5. Input the correct firmware code and wait till finish process.
6. After successful flashing of the device, switch off the router or remove the battery and re-insert battery in the device and turn it ON.
7. If it is not detected by PC due for drivers problem then update the drivers (You have already downloaded Huawei Hi-link drivers).
8. Now, download DC unlocker from here or any another source (latest version).
9. Detect the device under DC unlocker.
10. Go to the end of the result.
11. Now type “AT^NVRDEX=50503,0,128” (without quotes) and press Enter from the keyboard.
12. Now, it will show NV codes in hash format. Pay Rs. 300 (if from India) or 6 USD (if from outside) and mention the details, I will contact within 8 hrs. Hash code will be converted into the unlock code / NCK and will be emailed back to you.
Note: After getting the code through email, proceed with further steps.
13. Now, extract Huawei_E5573s-320_Firmware_21.180.17.00.00_general.7z file in a folder.
14. Run the firmware setup file again. During this period, it will not ask the password.
15. Wait till firmware successfully installs in the device.
16. You will notice that all light are turned ON, including battery light and network light.
17. Open web-browser (Internet Explorer) in PC and browse for 192.168.8.1.
18. Login to device router panel (username and password are admin).
19. Here, you will see, your device have 10 unlocking attempts left.
20. Just enter correct unlock password in a router and your router will be unlocked.
21. Now create a new profile according to the new SIM card.
Note: Don’t try to enter any wrong/free unlock code into the router, otherwise it will be locked permanently.
Generating unlocking code was not so simple task, a very big thanks to Balwinder Singh for sharing images and tips about the unlocking.
Note: This firmware process is mandatory for all the Huawei E5573s devices.
Update: Various people are facing driver problem in Windows 10 /8 / 7 / XP PC. For that, download the latest Huawei Mobile Partner, install in PC, and now restart the PC. All Huawei drivers will be updated successfully. Now, you can proceed with further steps.
Update II: Airtel is now providing updated Huawei E5573s-606 MiFi router. It comes with firmware version 21.315.01.00.284 and WebUI 17.100.14.00.284. It can be unlocked with above method, after shot of boot. Unlocking of Idea E5573s device is also possible after shot of boot. The procedure is same as Airtel E5573 unlocking.
Update: Airtel and Idea have recently launched Huawei E5573cs-609 in India, both devices can be unlocked.