After reading the tutorial, you will learn “how to enable or disable thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer in Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / Win 10.
Thumbnail Previews Disabled
Thumbnail Previews Enabled
How to Enable or Disable Thumbnail Previews in Windows File Explorer ?
1. Right click on Computer / This PC from the desktop of your PC / laptop and choose properties.
2. System window will be opened.
3. Click “Advanced system settings”. System Properties window will be opened.
4. Under “Advanced” tab, just below “Visual effects, processor scheduling, memory usage, and virtual memory”, click “Settings…” button.
5. Under “Visual Effects” tab, check box “Show thumbnails instead of icons” to enable the thumbnails for images and videos. Just untick it and thumbnails for images and videos will be disabled.
The above mention method can be used in Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / Win 10 to enable or disable the thumbnails previewing.