I have already provided many articles for unlocking various modem types, e.g., Huawei, ZTE, Micromax, Alcatel, Doro, Vodafone, Airtel, Aircel, Reliance, Tata Docomo, Tata Indicom, MTN, Globe, Fastlink, Glo, Etisalat, etc. Some of the unlocking steps involve firmware; however, some of them can be used directly by Huawei Mobile Partner software. Different modems can be unlocked with different methods. But, after unlocking your modem, one needs to create a new profile in Huawei’s dashboard. Many users having issues in creating a new profile to use another than default SIM card.
This post will see the steps to create a new profile in Huawei Mobile partner or any other software. I am using the Aircel dashboard in this guide. In another dashboard, it may be slightly different, which you can be done by yourself.
How to Create a New Profile in Huawei Modem Dashboard?
1. Open the dashboard and if the dashboard is already running, then disconnect your internet to create a new profile.
Note: If the internet is already connected, then disconnect it to create a new profile and if the dashboard is already running, then disconnect your internet to create a new profile.
2. Now click on Settings.
3. Click Options. Now you will see the Options window to create a new profile.
4. Now click on Profile Management from the left panel.
5. Now click on New from the right pane to create a new profile.
6. Now put any name in “Profile Name” (like router unlock).
7. Under APN, select Radio button “Static” and write the APN according to your new SIM card.
8. After doing all the above steps, click on the Save button from the right pane, and you have done it successfully. Now when you want to change the APN, select and click on Default.
Now you are ready to connect with your new SIM card. You can create as many profiles as you want.
Users who don’t know the APN can refer to this article.