Recently Vodafone has launched Huawei HG556a router in various countries. After the release of Huawei HG556a router, Vodafone has updated with two firmware. Both firmware download link of Vodafone Huawei HG556a router is provided at the end of the article.
Note : If the Software Version ends in B024 or below (B018, B021 etc.) then update your Huawei HG556a router with firmware version B025 and if the software version ends in B025 or above then update the firmware with B031 (latest firmware of Huawei HG556a router).
Note : Make sure there should be no power failure while updating the firmware, otherwise your Huawei HG556a router will be dead.
How to update the firmware of Huawei HG556a router?
1. Download the compatible firmware from the download link which is provided at the end of the article.
2. The downloaded file will be in zip format, extract it in a folder using Winrar or any another zip software.
3. Now open the internet explorer and browse http://192.168.1.1 to open your modem’s configuration page.
4. When prompted for authentication, use the following details to log in to the router :
User Name: advanced
Password: advanced or VF-IRhg556
5. Now go to Management – Update software (from left menu).
6. Now click on the Browse… button and locate the BIN file which you have already extracted earlier in a folder.
7. Click on OK.
8. Now click the Update Software button to update the firmware of Huawei HG556a router.
9. Now within 2 minutes, your Vodafone Huawei HG556a router will be updated with the latest firmware.