If you are a Huawei modem / dongle user then you must well familiar about Huawei Mobile Partner software. Huawei Mobile partner software comes with software and drivers which makes enable Huawei modem to connect to the internet. If you are a Windows PC user then you might earlier faced the error “Connection Terminated” in Huawei mobile partner software.
If you are also a Huawei modem / router user then you can troubleshoot your Huawei modem for error free internet. Actually this error is of Windows and you can troubleshoot it easily.
How to troubleshoot “Connection Terminated” error in Windows PC of Huawei Mobile Partner Software :
- Disconnect Huawei modem / dongle from your PC.
- Now click Start > Run
- If you are a Windows XP users then copy and paste C:Documents and settingsall usersapplication datamicrosoftnetworkconnectionspbk (Here, C: is Windows installation directory, if you have installed your windows on another driver then change it) Or
- For Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.2 , copy and paste C:Users(username)AppDataRoamingMicrosoftNetworkConnectionsPbk (Here, C: is Windows installation directory, if you have installed your windows on another driver then change it. Change (username) with username in which you are presently logged into your PC)
- Now click OK.
- Now when window will open you will get a file name ‘Rasphone’. Just delete this ‘Rasphone’.
- Now restart your computer / PC.
- Now connect the dongle and try to connect to the internet.
If by any reason the above procedure doesn’t resolve the “Connection terminated” error then try the following steps :
- Got to Start > Run
- In Run box type services.msc and hit enter from keyboard.
- Now find ‘Remote Access Connection Manager’ service.
- Right click ‘Remote Access Connection Manager’ and select Properties.
- Under the ‘General’ tab select ‘Manual’ as the startup type and click ‘Start’ (this option will be greyed out if its already started).
- Click OK
- Now plug the Huawei modem to PC and try to connect to the internet.