HTC has already launched its Butterfly smartphone in Japan by KDDI network. Now, the company is moving to South Asian market and this new HTC Butterfly 2 will be launched in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand and also in India soon.
According to the HTC official blog, HTC J butterfly HTL23 is already available in Japan through KDDI and this new member has been named as “HTC Butterfly 2”. It will be made available through Chunghwa Telecom in Taiwan, CSL in Hong Kong, and a number of other carriers throughout South Asia.
Butterfly 2 comes with HTC’s latest HTC Sense 6 UI, HTC Duo Camera for advanced imaging, and an intuitive Motion Launch advanced sensor.
“Our consumers always pursue perfection. Therefore, we chose the partner that we know will offer the best smartphones in the market,” said Takashi Tanaka, President, KDDI. “Since the HTC J series was released, it has become the most popular phone in our product portfolio.”
The HTC Butterfly 2 smartphone comes equipped with a Duo Camera that features a 13MP rear camera, a dual flash, depth sensor and full 1080p HD Video Recording. This phone also includes a 5MP front-facing camera for selfies with video calling.
“HTC Butterfly 2 follows HTC’s iconic design and globally acclaimed user experience,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC. “Its elegant appearance and fantastic performance will certainly provide consumers with the best experience ever.”
The Butterfly 2 packed with latest HTC BoomSound technology, delivering sound that is 25% louder than the HTC One. It has dual frontal stereo speakers with a new amplifier, redesigned speaker chambers and a tailored audio profile.
Collaborating with HARMAN, HTC J butterfly HTL23 / HTC Butterfly 2 handsets feature “LiveStage Signal Processing Technology”, Digital Signal Processing (DSP) and comes bundled with exclusively designed JBL in-ear-headphones in Japan.
HTC Butterfly 2 will be available in the Asian market starting with Taiwan on September 2nd. It will also be sold through all major wireless carriers and retailers in Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand also. However, the company has not revealed the price yet.
Key specs of HTC Butterfly 2 :
- CPU : Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, 2.5 GHz, quad-core
- OS : Android 4.4 KitKat with HTC Sense & HTC BlinkFeed
- Nano SIM
- ROM : 16GB/32GB (expandable up to 128GB with memory card)
- Dimensions : 145.4 × 70.2 × 9.99 mm
- Weight : 151 g
- Display : 5.0 inch, Full HD 1080p
- 4G LTE, WCDMA, HSPA+
- GPS, GLONASS, Digital Compass
- Sensors : Accelerometer, Proximity, Ambient light, Gyro, Barometer
- 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac (2.4 & 5 GHz)
- HTC Connect
- Camera : 13 MP rear / 5 MP frontal
- Battery : 2700mAh (Talk time: Up to 23.9 hours or Standby time : Up to 643 hours for 3G)
- Water resistant : IPX5, IPX7
- Dust proof : IP5X