Sony unveils Xperia M2 Aqua (D2403 and D2406). It is a waterproof version of the Xperia M2. The smartphone is dust and water resistant, which has produced with an IP certification rating 65/68 and IP65 dustproof rating.
The new Sony Xperia M2 Aqua is 4G LTE supported handset comes with a 4.8-inch qHD display (540 x 960 pixel resolution and 230 PPI pixel density).
The Xperia M2 Aqua houses an 8MP Exmor RS rear camera with LED flash and also a 0.3MP VGA frontal camera is available for video calling. It is powered by an 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 400 chipset with Adreno 305 graphics card and 1GB of RAM. It comes with 8GB of internal storage, which is further expandable with microSD card (up to 32GB).
Alongside NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G HSPA+, 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS and WiFi connectivity options, it also boast a 2330 mAh battery. The phone runs on Android 4.4 KitKat OS out of the box.
The Xperia M2 Aqua weighs 149 grams, while dimensions are 140 x 72 x 8.6 mm. The handset will release in Black and White and Purple colors from Autumn 2014 to markets including Latin America, Asia Pacific and Europe. The company has not not revealed the price yet.
Key specs of Sony Xperia M2 Aqua :
- 4.8-inch (960 x 540 pixels) qHD capacitive touch screen
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 (MSM8226) processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS
- 8MP rear camera with LED flash, Exmor RS sensor, 1080p video recording
- 0.3-megapixel (VGA) frontal camera
- 8.6mm thick
- Weight 149 grams
- IPX5 and IPX8 (waterproof) and IP6x (dust proof)
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio with RDS
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB ROM
- 3G HSPA+, WiFi 820.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, NFC, FM Radio
- 2330mAh Battery