Micromax – the brand of modems, routers, smartphone and tablets; had launched MMX 310C – a CDMA modem in Indian market. Recently, Microsoft has launched its newest operating system and Micromax 310C CDMA modem is not compatible to Windows 10 OS.
However, with a tweak, you can use your Micromax MMX 310C CDMA dongle in Windows 10 / Win 8 / Win 8.1 / Windows 7.
Notably, when you will connect your MMX310C dongle in Windows 10 PC, it prompts ‘Driver not found’. Micromax fails to deliver frequent driver updates and hence users are facing problems.
Basic issue with Micromax MMX310C dongle is its ‘Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM’ drives.
How to run Micromax MMX 310c CDMA modem in Windows 10 / Win 8.1 / Win 8 / Windows 7 PCs :
1. Connect dongle to PC and let it install the dashboard / software of modem. If the PC is not able to detect the CD ROM too, then you can download the Micromax MMX 310c CDMA modem software from this link.
2. Now run the downloaded software and leave the dashboard running on PC.
3. Now press ‘Windows logo + R’ button simultaneously from keyboard to open command prompt and write ‘devmgmt.msc’ and click ‘OK’ to open ‘Device Manager’.
4. Go to system Tools – Device Manager. Herer, check entries under ‘Unknown devices’ , You will find at least five ‘Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM’ entries along with others, these ‘Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM’ entries are part of mmx310c modem and need supported drivers update.
Note : Once you update drivers properly, data card will start working without any further issues.
5. Now right-click on first ‘Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM’ entry and select ‘Update Driver software’ which leads you to further steps.
6. Now, Under ‘How do you want to search for driver software ?’, just select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ to go to next step.
7. Select browse under ‘Search for driver software in this locations’ and go to this location by browsing folders in opened panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\MMX310C USB Manager\Driver\Win7_64 Once you select ‘Win7_64’ > Press ‘OK’ button
Make sure “Include subfolders” is selected and press ‘Next’ to go to next steps.
8. Now you will find message: ‘Windows has successfully updated your driver software’
9. Now repeat ‘Step 5’ to ‘Step 8’ for rest of the ‘Qualcomm CDMA Technologies MSM’ entries under ‘unknown devices’.
Once respective ‘Unknown devices’ of Micromax MMX 310C CDMA modem get proper driver updates your device will start working. If you facing problem, then simply exit running modem dashboard / software from taskbar and re-launch it to check the result.
Note : If any drivers fails to update, restart your PC and check again.