Lenovo Tab 2 A8, along with Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70 has been announced in MWC 2015.
Lenovo Tab 2 A8 has voice calling capabilities and features an 8-inch (1280 x 800 pixels) HD display. The handset is powered by a 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8161/ MT8735 processor and runs on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS. It houses a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera and also a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for selfie.
The Tab 2 A8 supports dual SIM (4G LTE+GSM) with dual standby functionality and also comes in WiFi variant only. It is equipped with dual front-facing stereo speakers and even has Dolby Atmos, offering a moving audio experience over headphones where sound seems to come from all directions, including overhead.
Lenovo Tab 2 A8 offers 1GB of RAM, and 8GB / 16GB internal memory is further expandable via up to 32GB of microSD card. It weighs 360 gms and is only 8.9 mm thick. It is backed by a 4200 mAh battery. Connectivity options include 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS.
Lenovo Tab 2 A8 specifications
- 8-inch capacitive touchscreen display
- 1280 x 800 pixels resolution
- 1.3 GHz quad-core MediaTek MT8161/ MT8735 processor
- 1GB RAM / 8GB or 16GB ROM
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) Operating system
- 5MP rear camera / 2MP front-facing camera
- Dual SIM (Micro-SIM / 4G LTE+GSM) with dual standby
- 3.5mm audio jack, 4G LTE, 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 4200 mAh battery
- 8.9 mm thick and weighs 360 grams
The Lenovo Tab 2 A8 comes in Pearl White, Ebony, Midnight Blue and Neon Pink variant colours. It will be available in starting price US $129 (Roughly Rs. 7,950) for the WiFi variant and US $179 ( Roughly Rs. 11,000) for LTE model. It is expected to go for sell in June 2015.