I have already unlocked Huawei B660 3G router. Unlocking of Huawei B660 3G router is simple and one time process only. After unlock you can use any another network sim in unlocked Huawei B660 3G Router. In this article, I will mainly cover Huawei B660 3G Router features, specifications and at last I will share my reviews.
Huawei B660 is basically a 3G Wi-Fi router, which has Voice features also. Means if you purchase a B660 Huawei device then you will get Router + WiFi + Voice. Huawei B660 is nice product in low cost. You can purchase it from market around 45 – 50$. Its highest download speed is 7.2 Mbps , whereas it can upload up to 5.76 Mbps.
Huawei B660 supports the following standards:
- HSUPA (High Speed Uplink Packet Access)
- HSDPA (High Speed Downlink Packet Access)
- WCDMA (Wideband Code Division Multiple Access)
- GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications)
- GPRS (General Packet Radio Service（System）
- EDGE (Enhanced Data Rates for Global Evolution)
B660 supports wired and wireless network access, and provides data routing service.
B660 provides the following services:
- Data service
- Voice service
- Security Service
- Local maintenance management function
The main features of Huawei B660 3G Wireless Router are :
- Multiple network environments. Supports HSUPA/HSDPA/WCDMA/GSM/GPRS/EDGE
- High speed experience. Supports data services of maximum rate of 5.76Mbit/s HSUPA, 7.2Mbit/s HSDPA, 384kbit/s WCDMA, 236.8kbit/s EDGE, and 85.6kbit/s GPRS
- Built-in DHCP Server, DNS RELAY and NAT
- Security services. Provides instant protection to block potential security risks and intrusion attempts.
- Intuitionistic and convenient Web-based management.
- Windows 2000/ Windows XP/ Windows Vista/ Windows 7
- User-friendly design of LED indicator. Easy to observe the status of equipment
- Receiving diversity and load equalizer
- Built-in WCDMA/GSM and WLAN high gain antenna
- External main diversity antenna interface
The main hardware technical specifications of Huawei B660 router are :
1. Technical standard :
WAN : HSUPA/HSDPA/WCDMA/EDGE/GPRS/GSM
LAN : IEEE 802.3/802.3u
WLAN : IEEE 802.11b/g/n
2. Frequency Bands :
HSPA/WCDMA : 2100/900MHz
WLAN : 2.4GHz～2.4835GHz
GSM/GPRS/EDGE : 1900M/1800M/900M/850M
3. External Interface / Indicators :
One power switch: ON/OFF
One WLAN/WPS button
One Reset button
One dialing button
External antenna interface (SMA)
Four auto-sensing Ethernet interfaces (RJ45 and MDI/MDIX auto-sensing): 10/100Base-T
One POWER (Power Adapter) interface
One Phone interface (RJ11)
One Internet status indicator
One WLAN/WPS indicator
One Power indicator
Four LINK/ACTIVE indicators (indicating the connection status of the corresponding Ethernet interface)
4. Maximum Transmit Power :
WCDMA : 24dBm (+1/-3)
WLAN : 802.11b : 17dBm (+2/-2) , 802.11g: 13dBm (+2/-2) , 802.11n: 12dbm (+2/-2)
GSM : 850M/900M, 33dBm (+2/-2) , z 1800M/1900M, 30dBm (+2/-2)
5. Power Consumption : <10V
6. AC/DC power supply : AC: 100V – 240V , DC: 5V, 2A
7. Dimensions (W×D×H) : 180mm × 123mm × 32.5mm
8. Weight : < 300g (excluding the power adapter)
9. Temperature : Working temperature: -10℃- +45℃ , Storage temperature: -20 ℃ – +70℃
10. Humidity : 5% – 95%
11. Voice Service : support RJ11 phone
12. Antenna Specifications : Build-in Antenna, Support external antenna, Interface standard: SMA-C-J1.5
13. WLAN Features : WLAN: 2.4GHz～2.4835GHz, WLAN: IEEE 802.11b/g/n
14. LEDs : supports firewall, user authentication, and PIN protection, protect users against security threats from the Internet when users are using network services.
15. Security : supports firewall, user authentication, and PIN protection, protect users against security threats from the Internet when users are using network services.
Huawei B660 router comes locked to a particular network and you need to unlock it to use another network sim. If you are planning to purchase a new router then you can check unlocked routers from TP-Link and D-Link.