I have shared various firmware, especially for newly launched V4 Huawei devices. Various firmware does not allow to upgrade the device as it asks for “datalock” code, instead of firmware code. Now, the big problem is that without flashing the firmware we cannot generate the data-lock code , and without flashing the firmware, unlocking is also not possible.
After doing some experiment, I got the solution. Basically, these are used to repair the half-dead V4 devices. If the device is bricked, but its COM port is working, then you can repair also. You have to use a command to put the modem / router in download mode, and after that, you can push any compatible firmware in the device.
Below mentioned process will bypass firmware code / data lock code screen.
How to bypass data lock / firmware / password screen in Huawei firmware update?
- Connect router / modem to PC with its USB cable.
2. Check device com port is available in computer management.
Note I: If the device is hi-link, then run DC unlocker as Administrator and detect dongle / MiFi in it. It will switch device COM port.
Note II: For drivers install the latest Huawei mobile partner in PC.
3. Detect your device under DC unlocker software.
4. At the end of the results paste the following command:
5. Now, press enter from the keyboard.
6. Now, the device will start blinking, means it is now in download mode.
Now you are free to update / downgrade the device with any compatible firmware.