Vodafone has launched Huawei R216 and ZTE R216-Z portable WiFi routers. Huawei make R216 modem can be unlocked after changing the firmware, but R216-Z can be only unlocked by factory unlock code if the device is asking for NCK / SIMlock / Unlock code after changing the SIM card.
Features and Specs of Vodafone R216-Z ZTE
Vodafone R216z mobile Wi-Fi router creates a personal portable Wi-Fi network to use it to share your secure mobile broadband internet connection with other Wi-Fi-enabled devices. It measures 104 x 64.5 x 14.5mm and weight is 106g. It can be purchased in the contract in Black or white color. It has a LED and built with Qualcomm MDM 9225 processor.
The device carries 512 MB flash memory and a microSD up to 32GB support. It has a 2300 mAh battery. It supports LTE / UMTS / GSM networks. It can provide download speed up to 150Mbps and upload speed limit is 50Mbps.
How long we need to wait for an unlock code of ZTE?
The approximate delivery time for an unlock code of ZTE starts from 1 hr to 24 hrs.
The average response time is 2 hrs (Based on last 100 orders).
Html code here! Replace this with any non empty text and that's it.
How to Unlock Vodafone R216-Z ZTE MiFi WiFi Router?
1. Switch off the ZTE R216-Z router.
2. Change the default SIM card of R216z with any other network provider.
3. Switch on the router.
4. Connect to PC using USB cable or WiFi.
5. Open My Computer >> Virtual CD-ROM.
6. Install in required drivers in PC.
7. Now it will open the default web page of the device (192.168.0.1).
8. Log in to the device with admin/password.
9. It should redirect you to the unlocking page.
If not, then go to Settings >> APN.
10. Enter the 8 or 16-digits/character unlock code which you have got through routerunlock.com and press Enter from the keyboard.
11. Once the device will accept the code, it will start showing the signal of inserted SIM card.
12. Now create a new profile and connect to the internet.
Note: Some devices does not prompt for SIMlock code in Settings >> APN. For those who are unable to search option for NCK / SIMlock code. Browse the default page of R216-Z in Chrome. Go to Settings >> APN. Right-click and select Inspect. Some codings will be opened.
Search for Unlock. You will get “display: none” in three places. Replace it with “display: yes”. Now you will see an option to enter the code.