Russian MTS (MTC) has launched earlier Huawei 421D Wi-Fi router, which is actually Huawei E5220 and can be unlocked easily with unlock code only. Since the MTS 421D wireless modem comes with un-customized firmware, hence there is no need to flash or change the firmware for unlocking purposes. However, I have still provided the firmware and software update of MTS 421D, which may be useful to diagnose the device, and can be downloaded from the download link which is provided at the end of the article.
How to Unlock MTS (MTC) 421D Mobile WiFi Router of Russia?
1. Make sure your MTS (MTC) 421D Mobile WiFi router is fully charged.
2. Just insert a sim, another than MTS on your MTS 421D.
3. After changing the SIM on your MTS / MTC WiFi / MiFi router, switch the device on. It will display “Invalid SIM” because you have used another network providers sim (If it asks for unlock code then use, otherwise go to the next step).
4. Now just establish a WiFi connection to MTC 421D Mobile WiFi router with your PC / IPAD / IPHONE / Android device.
5. Connect the MTS (MTC) 421D router with PC and browse for 192.168.8.1 and login to the device’s dashboard. Go to Advanced Settings – SIM Settings – Unlock Device – Enter Unlock Code – Click on Apply.
Open the Settings – Dial-up – Unlock SIM card – Enter 8 digits unlock code in your 421D. Click OK and the device will reboot to display the new network.
Now your 421D Mobile WiFi router is unlocked forever.
Note : Don’t try to insert free or wrong codes into your MTS 421D WiFi router, otherwise it will be locked permanently. You can purchase from any server or pay 2.38 USD through PayPal button and mention model with IMEI in the transaction to get the correct code within 8 hrs.