I have already informed the launch of Vodafone R226 mobile Wi-Fi LTE router. In this post, we will write about unlocking of R226. You can find the R226 (rebranded E5786) in countries like U.K., Australia, Spain, Italy, Portugal etc.
How to unlock Vodafone R226 mobile Wi-Fi LTE router?
1. Make sure your router (Vodafone / Vodacom R226) is fully charged or connected to static power supply.
2. Reset the device, and insert a non-acceptable Network sim on your Vodafone R226 WiFi MiFi Router.
3. After changing the another network providers SIM on your Huawei WiFi / MiFi, switch the device on. It will display “Invalid SIM” because you have used another network providers sim.
4. Now just establish a WiFi connection to Vodafone R226 WiFi MiFi Router with your PC / laptop (Windows).
5. Connect your locked router/gateway with PC and browse for 192.168.0.1 (through default internet explorer) and login to your device’s dashboard. Go to Advanced Settings – SIM Settings – Unlock Device – Enter Unlock Code – Click on Apply.
Open your Settings – Dial-up – Unlock SIM card – Enter 8 digits unlock code in your R226 MiFi router. Click “OK” and the device will reboot to display the new network.
Now your Vodafone R226 is fully unlocked to use another network SIM card.
Note: Don’t try to insert free/wrong codes into your R226 WiFi MiFi router, otherwise it will be locked permanently.
Also Read: How to Unlock ZTE R226-Z Hotspot Router?