I have already posted about the unlocking solution of Huawei E8221 and Huawei E8231 WiFi Wingle, which is about un-customized firmware. But, Airtel India has launched customized firmware E8231, and can not be unlocked without firmware change. When you will try with another SIM, then it will show 0 attempts left to enter, means you can’t enter any unlock / SIMLock code into the dongle.
Airtel is also offering 1 GB of 3G data for prepaid customers for 1 month.
The Power-Fi Huawei E8231 comes with inbuilt Wi-Fi antenna; it only takes a power source like a laptop, power mains or car charging point to turn these devices into Wi-Fi Hotspots. Huawei Power-Fi E8231 is a multi-mode wireless terminal for SOHO (Small Office Home Office) and business professionals. It is the HSPA+ device with 21.6 Mbps DL and 5.76 Mbps UL speed and can connect with PC/Laptop or any USB Adaptor and activate Wi-Fi. With this Wi-Fi router, users can share up to 10 devices at a time.
Key Features of Airtel E8231 Huawei wingle :
- HSPA+ 21.6 Mbps DL/ HSUPA 5.76 Mbps UL
- Create Wi-Fi hotspot and connect up to 10 devices
- Wi-Fi Range Extender
- Windows 8 compatibility, SMS, and Plug & Play
- Works with Power Mains/Car Charger/Laptop
- Supports Huawei Mobile Wi-Fi App
How to change the firmware of Airtel E8231 Huawei wingle ?
- Connect your Airtel Huawei E8231 to PC with its USB to PC’s USB.
- Let it install all the drivers and software’s, which is required by the dongle.
- If the internet is already connected then disconnect it and close the browser.
- Now run the firmware Update Huawei E8231s-2 22.621.13.00.00 (Universal), which you can download it from this link.
- Now proceed with the wizard of firmware update.
- It will ask you for a password. You can generate from Universal master tool (download it from this link) or comment below with IMEI to get the firmware code (password).
- Provide correct firmware code and proceed.
- Wait till finish.
- Now, you have successfully flash
How to unlock Airtel E8231 Huawei customized wingle of India ?
- Change the default SIM of Airtel with any another network provider SIM.
- Connect the device to PC with its USB.
- It will automatically open default browser and ask you for SIMLock / unlock code.
- Provide 8-digit correct unlock code and it will be unlocked forever for use by any network SIM.
Note : Don’t enter any wrong code into your Airtel E8231 Huawei’s wingle, otherwise it will be ocked permanently. Charge for unlock code is only Rs. 300.
Update: No firmware works with Airtel E8231 Wingle, unlocking is under process.