ZTE MF831 a 4G LTE USB dongle which supports TDD, FDD, UMTS and GSM bands. It features Cat.4 LTE means can provide download speed up to 150mbps and upload speed up to 50Mbps. It has a standard USB 2.0 port to connect with PC or laptop. It is much better than the MF823 and MF825.
MF831 supports LTE-FDD 800(B20)/900(B8)/1800(B3)/2600(B7)/2100MHz, LTE TDD 2600(B38) OR 2300M(B40), UMTS 900/2100MHz and EGPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz operating frequency bands. It supports DC-HSPA+ DL 42Mbps/UL 11Mbps.
It comes with built in WebUI to connect to the internet. It is equipped with a built-in antenna and also has two external antennas (TS-9) connector. 32GB microSD card can be carried under this modem. It measures 90 × 28.4 × 13 mm. It can be operated on Win7, Windows XP, Vista, Win8, and Mac OS.
How long we need to wait for a ZTE unlock code?
The approximate delivery time for a ZTE unlock code is 1 to 24 hrs.
The average response time for a ZTE unlock code is 2 hrs (based on last 100 orders).
How to Unlock ZTE MF831?
1. Eject the ZTE MF831 modem from PC.
2. Change the default SIM card of MF831 with any other network provider.
3. Connect the dongle to PC.
4. Open My Computer >> CD-ROM.
5. Install the required drivers and software in PC.
6. Now it will open the default web page of the device (192.168.0.1).
7. Log in to the device with admin/password.
8. It should redirect you to the unlocking page.
If not, then go to Settings >> APN.
9. Enter the 16-digits/character unlock code and press Enter from the keyboard.
10. Once the device will accept the code, it will start showing the signal of inserted SIM card.
11. Now create a new profile and connect to the internet.
Note: Some devices does not prompt for SIMlock code in Settings >> APN. For those who are unable to search option for NCK / SIMlock code. Browse the default page of MF831 in Chrome. Go to Settings >> APN. Right-click and select Inspect. Some codings will be opened.
Search for Unlock. You will get “display: none” in three places. Replace it with “display: yes”. Now you will see an option to enter the code.
Note II: Factory unlock code of ZTE MF831 is not free. We can provide the factory unlock code of ZTE device. Only pay, if the device is asking for SIMlock / NCK as described above. No (R) No refund will be provided for mistakes.
Update: Beeline carrier of Russia is also providing MF831 that comes with firmware version MF831V1.0.0B04. It can be unlocked as it asks for NCK code. It operates on 192.168.8.1 IP address.