Xolo Win Q1000 was launched in India in Feb of this year. The handset was launched running Windows OS 8.1. Now, the Xolo, the Indian Windows Phone maker, is rolling out Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 to its Win Q1000 users. If you have a Xolo Win Q1000, you might have already received the notification of update, or you will soon receive Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 aka GDR2.
For those who don’t know, what Microsoft has included in Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2? The new Windows Phone 8.1 Update 2 brings new features and improvements including an improved Settings page.
The major new features on GDR2 :
- Settings – You will find your phone settings more easily. Tap one of the new settings categories to jump to it, use Search to find a setting, or pan down to peruse in the traditional way. Additionally, phone settings can now be pinned to Start.
- Calendar – Agenda view is back.
- Name your phone – Give your phone a name without connecting to a PC. Just tap Settings >About > Edit name to name it.
- VPN – Now you can use certificates to sign in for L2TP VPN connections. Always-ON VPN profiles are now supported too, so you’re automatically and always connected.
- Bluetooth – Type with more than your thumbs. Use an external Bluetooth keyboard and watch the words fly on your phone. And now get your text messages straight from your car if it has a compatible Bluetooth system.
- App privacy permissions – Now you control whether an app can access your contacts, calendar, camera, microphone and text messages. Just tap Settings > App permissions to get started.
Are you a Xolo Win Q1000 user, did you received GDR2 yet? Let us know via comment!
Via : wmpoweruser