Xiaomi Redmi 2 has been finally launched in India with a price Rs. 6,999. It will be available starting from March 24th though flash sale via e-commerce online website Flipkart, however registration start today at 6PM.
Xiaomi has also promised to launch the 2GB RAM with 16GB storage variant for India soon, but exact time frame is not available yet.
The smartphone features a 4.7-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) IPS fully laminated display from Sharp/AUO technology and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 processor, that runs on Android 4.4 (KitKat) OS with MIUI 6 on the top.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 packs an 8-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and also a 2-megapixel front-facing camera on-board. It supports TD-LTE 2300MHz (Band 40) and FDD-LTE 1800MHz (Band 3) for India. The best part of the phone is both SIM slot supports 4G LTE, while Lenovo A6000 has 4G support in a single SIM slot.
Connectivity options includes in the phone are 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and USB OTG.
Xiaomi Redmi 2 specifications
- 4.7-inch IPS touchscreen display with AGC Dragontrail Glass protection
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 410 (MSM8916 ) 64-bit processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM / 8GB internal memory (micro SD card up to 32GB)
- Dual SIM (4G LTE + 4G LTE) with dual standby
- Android 4.4 (KitKat) with MIUI v6 on the top
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, BSI sensor, f/2.2 aperture, Omnivision sensor, 1080p video recording
- 2MP front-facing camera, 720P HD video recording
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS, USB OTG
- 2200mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi 2 comes in pink, yellow, green, grey and white color variant for only Rs. 6999.