Xiaomi MiPad with 64GB internal storage was earlier launched in China for 1699 CNY ($274 or Rs 16600). Now, the company has launched its 16GB internal storage variant in India for Rs. 12999.
The Xiaomi MiPad features a 7.9-inch (2048 × 1536 pixels) Sharp / AUO touchscreen display with 326 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection. The tab is powered by a 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor with 192-core Kepler GPU and runs on Android-based MIUI ROM that is optimized for tablets.
The MiPad houses an 8MP rear shooter with 5-element lens, Sony BSI sensor and f/2.0 aperture. There is also a 5-megapixel front-facing camera with OmniVision sensor and f/2.0 aperture is available for video chatting and selfie. It comes with 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal storage is further expandable with up to 128GB of microSD card.
The MiPad is 8.5mm thick and weighs 360 grams. Connectivity options include WiFi 802.11/b/g/n/ac Dual Band (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.0 and 6700 mAh battery.
Xiaomi MiPad specifications
- 7.9-inch touchscreen display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2048 × 1536 pixels resolution and 326 PPI, 4:3 aspect ratio
- 2.2 GHz NVIDIA Tegra K1 processor
- 192-core Kepler GPU
- 2GB of RAM / 16GB ROM
- Android-based MIUI ROM
- 8MP rear camera with Sony BSI stacked sensor, 1080p video recording, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- 8.5mm thickness / weight 360 grams
- WiFi 802.11/b/g/n/ac Dual Band (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.0
- 6700 mAh battery
The Xiaomi MiPad comes in white color for Rs. 12,999 and will be available through Flipkart from March 24, without registration, unlike the Xiaomi Redmi 2.