Vodafone R206 is new 3G model by Vodafone which is actually Huawei E5220. It is a wireless Wi-Fi enabled 3G mobile router. You can get maximum 21 Mbps download speed and 5.76 Mbps upload speed. E5220 is modified by Vodafone and branded it as R206. Unlocking of R206 is possible using correct unlock code. But, if you are going to purchase a new R206, then you should know about, what you will get in Vodafone R206 Mobile Wi-Fi MiFi Router. Don’t be confused with Vodafone R206-z, R206-z is ZTE make. Today, I will discuss its Features, Specs and after that, I will share my reviews about R206.
The Vodafone Mobile Wi-Fi R206 creates a personal portable Wi-Fi zone which allows 5 Wi-Fi enabled devices (for example PCs, Apple iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, or mobile gaming devices such as Nintendo DSi, Android devices including the Samsung Galaxy Tab) to share a secure mobile internet connection.
The key features and specifications of Vodafone R206 WiFi MiFi mobile router :
- Form type : 3G Pocket WiFi Router
- WiFi Connection : up to 5 devices at the same time
- Download Speed : HSPA+ speed up to 21 Mbps
- Upload Speed: HSUPA speeds up to 5.76 Mbps
- Network : DC-HSPA+/HSPA+/UMTS 900/2100 MHz
- GSM/GPRS/EDGE 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- Connectivity : Wi-Fi 802.1b/g/n
- Other features : PnP, Wi-Fi & WPS
- Dimensions : 101.8 x 65.8 x 14.5 mm
- OS : Windows XP/ Vista / Win7 / Mac OS.
If you are from New Zealand, then you can purchase Vodafone R206 from Vodafone store in 29$ also. Overall, R206 is a good product from Vodafone. But, if your budget allows then , I will recommend R215.