VAIO Corporation has announced its first smartphone in partnership with Japan communication, dubbed as VAIO Phone (VA-10J).
Apart from the 2GB RAM, the VAIO Phone (VA-10J) include 16GB of internal storage and further expandable with an external microSD card. It runs on the latest Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS. The phone houses a 13MP rear camera with LED Flash and 1080p video recording supports; while there is a 5MP front-facing camera is also available for selfies and video calling.
The VA-10J measures 71.3 × 141.5 × 7.95 mm and weight is 130 grams. Connectivity options include 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS. The whole device is powered by a 2500 mAh built-in battery.
VAIO Phone (VA-10J) specifications
- 5-inch HD IPS OGS touch display
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 410 processor
- Adreno 306 GPU
- 2GB RAM / 16GB ROM
- Android 5.0 Lollipop OS
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1080p video recording supports
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 7.95mm thickness / weighs 130 grams
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS
- 2500 mAh built-in battery
The VAIO Phone (VA-10J) is priced at 51,000 yen (Roughly US $421 / Rs. 26,300) without contract and will be available from Japanese carrier b-mobile from March 20th. It will be also available with 2-year contract from the carrier.
Panasonic Eluga U2 costs only NT$ 7990 (Roughly US $254 / Rs. 15,700), has similar design and specifications as VAIO Phone (VA-10J).