Vodafone had launched a few years ago WiFi Sharing Dock R101 of Huawei brand. Recently I had shared with you firmware update of Vodafone Wi-Fi Sharing Dock R101 Huawei. Updating the firmware or software may help you in solve connectivity issues as it comes with latest drivers and some bug fixed. Even if your device is operating perfectly it is advisable to update your software and firmware, as updates often include new features or correct bugs that you may not have encountered yet.
How to update the firmware of Vodafone Wi-Fi Sharing Dock R101 Huawei Router Gateway?
1. Download the firmware update from the above-mentioned link and save on your computer Desktop to easily access it.
2. The downloaded file will be in a zipped format, extract the firmware in a folder (you will get .bin file).
3. Now connect your Vodafone Wi-Fi Sharing Dock R101 in PC and login to the admin panel (browse 192.168.0.1 and use admin as username and password both).
4. After logging into your Vodafone Sharing Dock, choose Administration > Firmware Upgrade on left menu bar. You’ll see the following screen:
5. Click on Browse and choose firmware file which is saved on your PC for the “Firmware File” field. Click the “OK” button to start upgrading.
6. After clicking on “OK” you can see the progress bar of the firmware update window.
7. After the firmware upgrade has finished, the Sharing Dock will restart automatically.
8. After restarting, log in again to Vodafone Sharing Dock to check the firmware version on the sharing dock dashboard, like below, to check the upgrade was successful.