Vodafone has recently launched a new MiFi modem, calls it R205. The R205 is basically a router, that can provide internet connection up to 8 WiFi enabled device at a time. It is Huawei make. It can be also unlocked like other modems and routers. Once R205 is unlocked, you are free to choose any operator.
How to Unlock Vodafone Huawei R205 WiFi MiFi Router?
1. Ensure that the device is fully charged.
2. Switch off Vodafone Huawei R205 WiFi MiFi pocket router.
3. Now change the default SIM with another network provider.
4. Now switch on the Vodafone R205 pocket router.WiFi / MiFi device. It will display “Invalid SIM”
5. It will display “Invalid SIM” because you have used other network provider SIM card.
6. Now establish a WiFi connection to the R205 with your PC / IPAD / IPHONE / Android device (as per your choice).
7. Now browse any website and you will be redirected to its default IP address 192.168.0.1.
8. Login to the device with admin/admin (If not already changed the login details).
9. It will redirect you to the unlocking page and will prompt for 8-digit SIMlock code.
10. Click on OK and your Vodafone Huawei R205 WiFi MiFi router will be reset.
11. Now your Vodafone Huawei R205 router is unlocked forever.
if above procedure does not work then browse for 192.168.0.1 and login to the device. Now go to Advanced Settings – SIM Settings – Unlock Device – Enter Unlock Code – Click on Apply. Now your Vodafone Huawei R205 WiFi / MiFi device is permanently unlocked.
Once your device is unlocked, you need to create a profile in your Vodafone Huawei R205 WiFi MiFi to use other network SIM card.
Note: Don’t try wrong codes into your Vodafone Huawei R205 WiFi MiFi, otherwise it will be permanently locked.