Teracom LW272, which comes locked in India to BSNL carrier, is basically an unlocked modem, and the firm has modified the software part to block the other network provider network. After installing the BSNL brand’s dashboard, it modifies the Windows registry and restricts another carrier SIM card access.
One benefit of unlocking is, you are free to use any carrier SIM. If your area, BSNL coverage is not so good, and you want to use another network data, you can unlock Teracom LW 272 by modifying the registry.
Unlocking of BSNL LW272 is a few minute jobs, and there is no firmware process required. Even you don’t need to change the dashboard or software of the dongle. All you have to do is change the BSNL LW272 Teracom modem driver’s registry value on your computer.
So if you use this LW272 BSNL modem on a different PC, you will have to change the Registry value again to unlock it. This unlocking process is based on the Windows Registry and not on the dongle, so there is no risk of unlocking the Teracom LW272 from BSNL. This trick works 100%. I have personally tested it with a modem.
How to unlock BSNL Teracom LW 272 Modem Dongle Free?
1. Plug the LW272 modem on a Windows PC and let it install all the software and drivers to run it normally.
2. Click on the Start Button of PC.
3. Click on Run.
4. Type Regedit and press Enter from the keyboard.
6. Double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane.
7. Double click software (which appears when you double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).
8. Select linktop3g.
9. Once you select linktop3g in the left pane, you will have some data on the right pane.
10. Change the engineering key to 0 (zero).
11. Close the Registry Editor.
12. Finally, restart your computer, and you are done with unlocking.