Teracom LW272 which comes locked in India to BSNL carrier, which is basically unlocked modem and the firm has modified the software part to block the another network provider network. After installing the dashboard of BSNL brand, it modifies the Windows registry and restricting the access of another carrier SIM card.
One benefit of unlocking is, you are free to use any carrier SIM. If in your area BSNL coverage is not so good and want to use another network data, you can simply unlock Teracom LW 272 by modifying the registry.
Unlocking of BSNL LW272 is a few minute job and there is no firmware process is required. Even you don’t need to change the dashboard or software of the dongle. All you have to do is change the registry value of the BSNL LW272 Teracom modem driver on your computer.
So if you use this LW272 BSNL modem on different PC you will have to change the Registry value again to unlock. This unlocking process is based on Windows Registry and not on the dongle, so there is no risk involved in unlocking the Teracom LW272 from BSNL. This trick works 100%. I have personally tested it with a modem.
How to unlock BSNL Teracom LW 272 Modem Dongle Free?
- Plug the LW272 modem on Windows PC and let it install all the software and drivers, to run it normally.
- Click on Start Button of PC.
- Click on Run.
- Type Regedit and press enter from the keyboard.
- It will take you to a menu like this
- Double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE from the left pane.
- Double click software (which appears when you double-click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE).
- Select linktop3g.
- Once you select linktop3g in the left pane you will have some data on right-pane.
- Change the engineering key to 0 (zero).
- Close the Registry editor.
- Restart your computer and you are done with unlocking.