Airtel is a leading carrier of India that provides 3G & 4G connectivity. To provide the 3G& 4G connectivity to its users, the firm has tied-up with other hardware companies like ‘Huawei’ and ‘Alcatel’, to provide the data cards and routers.
The most popular device from the Airtel is E5573, which is also available online and cost around Rs. 2700, that can be unlocked, but the process is not so easy.
Recently, Airtel has launched Huawei E3131G in India, that is locked to Airtel carrier only and you can not use any another network provider SIM card.
Like other Airtel devices, for instance, E3272, E3276, E392 etc, the E3131G has also customized firmware and there is no way to enter the unlock code.
Finally, unlocking of Huawei E3131G is now possible with the help of Balwinder Singh. He has made it possible by the firmware change.
It is a sub-model of E3131 that comes with Hardware ver. : CH2E303SM and dashboard version : UTPS23.009.15.02.284_MAC23.009.15.02.284_LNX23.009.15.02.284.
How to Unlock Huawei E3131G Airtel Modem of India?
1. Download the E3131G firmware, which you will get after making the payment of Rs. 300, for details, you can leave a comment with your email address.
2. Connect the data card to Windows computer with USB port.
3. If you have connected your device first time to PC then let it install the software and drivers to run it properly.
4. Once everything is installed, close the Airtel-branded Huawei Mobile Partner.
5. Run the firmware update.
6. It will ask you password, you can use firmware code from Universal master code tool.
7. Wait till the firmware update gets finished.
8. Now, change the default SIM card with any another network provider SIM card and connect to the computer.
9. It will pop-up a Window and ask you about SIMLock code.
10. Input the correct 8-digit unlock code and click OK.
Finally, your E3131G Airtel dongle is unlocked forever. Now create a new profile according to the new SIM card and connect to the internet.