Huawei E5220 (E5220S-2 / E5220–3b1b) MiFi router from Globe Telcom also comes locked, means you will be not able to use any another carrier SIM in it without unlocking. To able to use E5220 with other than Globe Telecom SIM card, you need to unlock it first.
How to unlock E5220 (E5220S-2 /E5220–3b1b) Globe Telecom Huawei Modem Free?
1. Make sure your E5220S-2 (E5220–3b1b) Globe Telecom Huawei Router is fully charged.
2. Switch Off the E5220 and insert a non-acceptable Network sim on your E5220S-2.
3. After changing the another network providers sim on your Huawei WiFi / MiFi switch on it. It will display “Invalid SIM” because you have used another network providers sim.
4. Now establish a WiFi connection to E5220S-2 with your PC / IPAD / IPHONE / Android smartphone.
5. For the best results, connect your E5220 to PC using USB port of the router and browse for 192.168.8.1 and login to the device’s dashboard. Go to Advanced Settings – SIM Settings – Unlock Device – Enter Unlock Code – Click on Apply.
or, if above step does not work then,
Open the Settings – Dial-up – Unlock SIM card – Enter 8-digit unlock code in your E5220S-2 Globe Telecom router. Click OK and the device will reboot to display the new network.
Now your E5220 (E5220S-2 / E5220–3b1b) modem is unlocked forever.
Note: Don’t try to insert wrong codes into your E5220–3b1b, otherwise it will be locked permanently.