How to unlock DNA Finland D100 (D100T) Huawei Wireless Router Gateway :
- Download any unlocked firmware from the link which is provided at the end of the post.
2. Unzip in a folder.
3. Make sure your PC and D100 / D100T are plugged into a constant power supply.
4. Switch ON the Huawei D100 and connect it to the computer through its Ethernet cable.
5. Launch FmcUpdate.exe from the extracted folder.
6. Click the “Check” button to detect your Huawei D100.
7. Click the “Upgrade” button to start the update.
8. Wait till the progress is completed.
9. Once firmware updated successfully, disconnect the Ethernet cable and push the reset button of the Huawei D100 (in the lower right corner of the backside) or factory restore defaults through the web interface.
To reset, open http://192.168.1.1 from your browser and enter “admin” as default password. Go to Advanced Settings > System > Restore Defaults > Restore.
Note: After the update of the firmware, without resetting, your USB modem won’t be detected properly and the “Connection” page will say “The USB Modem is nonexistent”.
10. Connect your USB modem to the Huawei D100 port, when it’s switched off.
11. Turn ON the router and go to http://192.168.1.1 from your browser and enter “admin” as the password.
12. To activate an access profile for your network operator, go to Advanced Settings > Dial Up Settings > Profile Settings and chose preferred provider from the Profile List.
Note: If your provider’s settings are not included, just create a new profile by entering a Profile Name and input all the required information, and click on Save.
13. Go to Advanced Settings > Dial Up Settings > PPP Settings and make sure the correct profile is chosen in the Profile List.
Now your router is ready to share your broadband. Note that your USB modem should also be unlocked.