Airtel India has launched a new 4G dongle, the ZTE MF880T. It is a new 4G LTE enabled device, that works with Jio 4G too. It is sub-model of ZTE MF880 and asks for unlock code after changing the sim card. Before this, we have already unlocked Huawei E5573cs-609 MiFi Router (Airtel and Idea), Alcatel Link Zone MW40CJ WiFi Router (Idea, Airtel, and Vodafone) and Vodafone R217 Supernet 4G.
Below are some details of Airtel MF880T modem:
Model : ZTE MF880
IMEI : 9112*************
Firmware : BD_AIRTEL_MF880TV1.0.0B03
Compile date / time : May 2 2012 12:14:01
Chipset : Qualcomm MDM9200
NAND Flash : HYNIX_HY27SF081G2A
SIM Lock status : Locked (Card Lock)
The Airtel ZTE MF880T gives only 5 chance to unlock. Once you have entered 5 times wrong codes, your datacard will be permanently locked. Means, it can be unlocked further, but you can still use the Airtel simcard.
How to Unlock Airtel ZTE MF880T Dongle?
1. Change the Airtel simcard with any another network provider simcard.
2. Connect Airtel MF880T modem to PC with USB.
3. Open My Computer >> Virtual CD-ROM and install on your computer.
4. Launch the Airtel app from the Desktop shortcut.
5. You will see a prompt for “Please input the unlock net code:”.
6. Enter the 16-digit unlock code which you have received from routerunlock.com.
7. Click OK.
8. Now it will be unlocked forever.
Once the Airtel locked ZTE MF880T is unlocked successfully, go to Menu >> Settings and create a new profile according to the new simcard and connect to the internet.
Note: Unlock code charge of Airtel ZTE MF880T is only Rs. 400. You can pay through payumoney. While paying mention the model and IMEI in the transaction. Correct unlock code will be sent by email.
Note II: If your device does not ask for unlock code after changing the SIM card, then let me know before making payment.
Have you any question before making the payment?