The Galaxy S6 Edge is packed with 5.1-inch Quad HD (2560×1440 pixels / 577 PPI) Super AMOLED touchscreen display, that is curved on both the sides, and are the main highlights of the smartphone. It has an Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos processor and runs on Android 5.0 (Lollipop) OS. It is equipped with 16-megapixel rear camera with LED flash and OIS and also has a 5-megapixel front-facing camera. The specifications are similar than its Galaxy S6, except the edge display and battery capacity.
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge specifications
- 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED curved edge display
- 2560×1440 pixels resolution / 577 PPI pixels of density
- Octa-Core (Quad 2.1GHz + Quad 1.5GHz) Exynos CPU
- 3GB RAM, 32/64/128GB ROM
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating sytem
- 16MP rear camera with LED Flash and OIS
- 5MP front-facing snapper
- IP67 ratings for dust and water resistance
- 142.1 x 70.1 x 7 mm measurement / Weighs 132 gms
- Infrared LED for smart TV remote
- S Health 4.0, Heart rate sensor, Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2X2 MIMO), Bluetooth 4.1 LE & apt-X, NFC
- 2600mAh battery
The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge comes in White Pearl, Black Sapphire, Gold Platinum and Green Emerald color options. For 32GB storage variant you have to pay Rs. 58,900, while for 64GB Rs.64,900 and 128GB model Rs. 70,900.
The smartphone will go on sell across India from April 10th.