Rio New York is another smartphone from the company, which goes on sell in India with a price Rs. 4,999 through e-commerce online website snapdeal. Rio Mobile has also launched Rio London with 4-inch display and goes on sell in the country with a price Rs. 3,399.
The Rio R501 is a dual-SIM (WCMDA+GSM) phone, houses an 8MP AF rear snapper with flash and also boasts a 2-megapixel front-facing camera for selfies. Connectivity options include in phablet GPRS/EDGE, 3G, Wifi, micro-USB, GPS, FM Radio and Bluetooth.
The 4GB built-in storage of New York (R501) is further expandable with upto 32GB of microSD card. The handset measures 144 X 73.9 X 8.4 mm and no word about its weight. There is a 2000 mAh Li-ion battery is under the hood, that is rated for 7 hrs of talk-time and 300 hrs of standby. It supports Gravity, Proximity and Light sensors.
Rio New York (R501) specifications
- 5-inch IPS FWVGA touchscreen display
- 850 X 480 pixels resolution
- 1.3 GHz Mediatek MT6582 quad-core processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- 512MB RAM / 4GB ROM
- dual-SIM (WCMDA+GSM) with dual standby
- 8MP AF rear snapper with flash / 2-megapixel front-facing camera
- GPRS/EDGE, 3G, Wifi, micro-USB, GPS, FM Radio and Bluetooth
- 8.4 mm thickness
- 2000 mAh Li-ion battery