Panasonic has launched a new Android-powered rugged tablet, called it Toughpad FZ-B2. It is specially designed for business and will hit the shelves in Europe starting December this year for GBP 709 (About Rs 70,600) and in the USA in February with a price US $1,299 (About Rs 80,000).
The Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 features a 7-inch WXGA (800 x 1200 pixels) IPS LCD touch screen display and and running on Android 4.4 KitKat out-of-the-box. It is powered by a 64-bit Intel Celeron N2930 (4 cores, 4 threads, 2MB cache, 1.83GHz base clock up to 2.16GHz with burst) processor, coupled with Intel HD Graphics (313MHz base frequency, up to 854MHz with burst) and clubbed with 2GB of RAM.
The Toughpad FZ-B2 comes with 32GB of inbuilt storage and the storage can be upgraded with microSD card. It houses a 5-megapixels rear camera (8-megapixel optional) and also a 2-megapixel front-facing snapper on-board for selfies. In terms of connectivity options, the tablet include; Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 4.0 and USB 3.0.
The FZ-B2 is 18mm thick and weighs 540 grams. It is backed by a 3220mAH removable battery and according to the company rated for up to 7 hours of battery life. Company is also providing an optional 14-hour battery.
Key specifications of Panasonic Toughpad FZ-B2 :
- Intel Celeron N2930 Processor
- Android 4.4.2 Kitkat
- Intel HD graphics
- Fanless design
- 7″ WXGA (1200×800) outdoor display (up to 500cd/m²)
- Capacitive 5-finger multi-touchscreen
- 180cm shock resistant
- Water and dust resistant (IP65)
- Up to 7 hours battery life with user replaceable battery
- Flexible configuration port (2D Barcode Reader) optional
- Integrated business expansion module (Hot Swap battery) optional
- Lightweight and pocket size: weights approx. 540g
- 3 year standard warranty