I have earlier shared with to create connection in Max OS with Netgear modem. In this article, i will share Netgear AirCard 320U USB Modem features, specifications, reviews, as well as firmware update. Netgear AirCard 320U USB DataCard is another product from the manufacture, also known as the Telstra USB 4G, is for 4G LTE networks and offers download speeds of up to 100 Mbps and upload speeds up to 50 Mbps, which is equal to Huawei Vodafone R210 and Huawei E589 WiFi router. In addition to LTE, 320U dongle supports Dual Carrier HSPA+ and earlier versions of HSPA+.Netgear AirCard 320U USB Modem is designed to be used in regions of Asia, Australia, and New Zealand. The design of the 320U, which is based on the AirCard 312U USB modem for Dual-Carrier HSPA+ networks, is easy to use – a rotating USB hinge provides the widest variety of USB port placements.
- Rotating USB hinge designed with ultimate durability
- Plug and play installation with the NETGEAR Setup Wizard – no CD required
- Global Roaming on LTE networks and supports Dual-Carrier HSPA+, HSPA+, and HSPA
The key features and specifications of Netgear AirCard 320U USB Modem :
1. Product Number : 320U
2. Network Technology : LTE, Dual Carrier HSPA+, HSPA+, HSPA
3. Bands : LTE 1800/2600 MHz and WCDMA 850/900/2100 MHz
4. Computer Requirements : USB Port (2.0 recommended), 150 MB of Disk Space
5. OS Support (Drives & SDK) : Windows® 8, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS® X, Linux® Ubuntu® 9.04
6. Dimension : 1.97″ L (50 mm) x 2.53″ W (64 mm) x 0.43″ H (11 mm)
7. Weight : 1.94 oz (55 g)
8. Volume : 34 cc
9. Operating temperature : 0 to 35⁰ degrees Celsius
10. Storage temperature : -40⁰ to 85⁰ degrees Celsius
11. Optional External Antenna : Yes
12. Antenna Diversity Support : Yes
13. Form Factor : USB
14. Maximum Uplink Speed : 50 Mbps
15. Maximum Downlink Speed : 100 Mbps
16. Receive Equalizer : No
17. Additional Features : External antenna connector, GPS, MicroSD Slot
In my reviews, Netgear AirCard 320U USB 2.0 Modem is a nice product, if you don’t want Wi-Fi facility.
AC320U Firmware Telstra X03.05.23.09 (Windows Upgrade Tool) NOTE – Downgrading to earlier firmware versions is not possible after installing the current release.
AC320U Firmware Telstra X03.05.23.09 (Mac Upgrade Tool) NOTE – Downgrading to earlier firmware versions is not possible after installing the current release.
AC320U_BigPond-X03.05.23.09 (Windows Upgrade Tool) NOTE – Downgrading to earlier firmware versions is not possible after installing the current release.
AC320U_BigPond-X03.05.23.09 (Mac Upgrade Tool) NOTE – Downgrading to earlier firmware versions is not possible after installing the current release.
The AirCard product line (previously owned by Sierra Wireless), now Netgear owns it. So, you can call Netgear AirCard 320U USB Modem as Sierra AirCard 320U USB modem.