WinCDEmu is an freeware CD/DVD/BD emulator tool that allows you to mount optical disc images by simply clicking on them in Windows Explorer. If you have downloaded an ISO image or created one from your PC folder and want to use it without burning it to a blank disc, WinCDEmu is the easiest way to do it.
Once installed in the computer, you can mount ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD, and IMG images to a virtual drive through right-click context menu. It is compatible with all versions of Windows including Win 10, 8.1, 8, 7, 2008, Vista, 2003, & XP, both 32-bit & 64-bit.
How to Install WinCDEmu on Windows 10?
- Download the WinCDEmu from the official website.
2. Run the downloaded file by double-clicking on the exe file:
4. Windows will ask whether you want to install the driver signed by Sysprogs. Select “Install” to proceed further.
Once you have successfully installed the WinCDEmu, you can mount ISO, CUE, NRG, MDS/MDF, CCD and IMG files by double-clicking them in Explorer or right-clicking and selecting “Select driver letter & mount”.
This freeware also supports to build ISO images from folders by right-clicking on them. With the help of this app, you can also create an ISO image from folder. Select a folder that you would like to convert to an ISO image, right-click on it and select “Build an ISO image”.
WinCDEmu will ask where to save the created image. Specify a location on your disk:
After specifying the location and file name, click on Save button to start building the image.
When the image is ready, you can double-click on it to mount it, or right-click on it to mount it to a specific drive.
Now you can open virtual CD/DVD drive in File Explorer and start using it like any other drive.
Features of WinCDmu
1. Supports unlimited amount of virtual drives.
2. Runs on both, 32-bit and 64-bit Windows versions from XP to Windows 10.
3. Supports creating of ISO images through a context menu in Explorer.
4. Small in size.
5. No reboot is required after installation.
6. Portable version are available.
7. More than 20 languages are supported.
8. Does not occupy drive letters when not used.
9. Supports data, DVD-video and BD-video images.
10. Free to use.