Microsoft has announced Lumia 640 XL as well as Lumia 640 in Mobile World Congress (MWC) 2015 at Barcelona, Spain.
The Microsoft Lumia 640 XL features a 5.7-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) ClearBlack IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor. It houses a 13-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash and also a 5-megapixel front-facing camera on-board for selfie and video calling.
The Lumia 640 XL is running on Windows Phone 8.1 operating system with Lumia Denim update, and further upgradable to Windows Phone 10. It will be made available in single SIM / dual SIM 4G and 3G variants. The company is also offering 1 year of office 365 subscription, 1TB One Drive storage and 60 minutes of international Skype calling per month.
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL is equipped with Adreno 305 GPU and 1GB of RAM. The 8GB in-built storage is further expandable with up to 128GB of microSD card. Connectivity options include 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS / aGPS. It packs a 3000 mAh battery.
Microsoft Lumia 640 XL specifications
- 5.7-inch HD ClearBlack IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM
- Windows Phone 8.1 OS with Lumia Denim, upgradable to Windows Phone 10
- Dual SIM (4G LTE+GSM) with dual standby functionality
- 13MP auto focus rear camera with LED flash / 5MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS
- 3000 mAh battery
The Microsoft Lumia 640 XL will be available in orange, cyan, black, and white variant colors with a price 189 Euros (Roughly US $ 211 / Rs. 13,080) for the 3G variant and the LTE variant will cost 219 Euros (About US $245 / Rs. 15,160). It should be available globally from March 2015.