The Microsoft Lumia 640 features a 5-inch HD (1280 x 720 pixels) ClearBlack IPS display with with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and is powered by a 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, coupled with Adreno 305 GPU. It also runs Windows Phone 8.1 OS (upgradable to Windows Phone 10) with with Lumia Denim update.
The Microsoft Lumia 640 houses an 8-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash and also boasts a 1-megapixel front-facing camera on the front for selfies and video calling. It will be available in single SIM, as well as dual SIM 4G variants and dual SIM 3G variants.
Microsoft Lumia 640 comes with 1 year of free MS office 365 subscription, 1TB One Drive storage and 60 minutes of international Skype calling per month. The 8GB internal storage is further expandable with up to 128GB of microSD card.
Connectivity options include 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS, 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio. It is backed by a 2500 mAh battery.
Microsoft Lumia 640 specifications
- 5-inch HD ClearBlack IPS display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- 1.2 GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor
- Adreno 305 GPU
- 1GB RAM / 8GB ROM
- Windows Phone 8.1 OS with Lumia Denim update, upgradable to Windows Phone 10
- Dual SIM (4G LTE+GSM) with dual standby
- 8MP auto focus rear snapper with LED flash / 1MP front-facing camera
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio, 4G LTE / 3G, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS / aGPS
- 2500 mAh battery
The Microsoft Lumia 640 comes in orange, cyan, matte black, and white colors with a price 139 Euros (Roughly US $ 155 / Rs. 9,600) for the 3G variant and the LTE variant will cost 159 Euros (Appx. US $ 177 / Rs. 11,000). It would be available globally from April 2015.