Lenovo has announced a new smartphone in MWC 2015 at Barcelona, the A7000. It is first phone to sport the Dolby ATMOS surround sound feature. It works with headphones plugged in and emphasizes sounds of people, places and things better, according to Lenovo. “Voices and noises have broader range from high to lows”, as per the company, but we’re yet to experience this for ourselves.
The A7000 houses an 8MP shooter at the rear and also joined by a 5MP front-facing camera for selfies and video calling. It packs a 2,900mAh Li-Po battery and weighs 140 grams. It will be available from this month for US $170. It measures 152.6 x 76.2 x 7.99 mm.
Connectivity options include WiFi, Wi-Fi hotspot, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth v4.0, FM radio, micro-USB and GPS / aGPS.
Lenovo A7000 specifications
- 5.5-inch IPS HD capacitive touchscreen display
- 720 x 1280 pixels resolution
- MediaTek MT6752 chipset / 1.5GHz octa-core processor
- 2GB RAM / 8GB ROM
- dual-SIM (4G LTE+GSM) with dual standby
- 8MP rear snapper with flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- 2,900mAh Li-Po battery
- weighs 140 grams / 7.99 mm thickness
- WiFi, Wi-Fi hotspot, 4G LTE, 3G HSPA+, Bluetooth v4.0, FM radio, micro-USB and GPS / aGPS