Karbonn has launched a low budget kitkat-based smartphone, the A8 Star. It is priced in India at Rs. 3,499 (about 55 USD).
The A8 Star has 2G of internal storage that is expandable with an external microSD card (up to 32GB). It houses a 3-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash, but no word about its secondary camera, but in image it is showing. The phone packs a 1200 mAh Li-ion battery that is rated for 5 hrs of talk-time and 250 hrs of standby time.
In terms of connectivity options, the Karbonn A8 Star include FM Radio, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, and 3.5mm audio jack. It measures 117.1*61.5*10.7 mm and weight is 115 gms.
Key specifications of Karbonn A8 Star :
- dual-SIM (GSM+GSM) with dual standby
- 3.5-inch IPS touchscreen display
- 320*480 pixels resolution
- 1GHz single core processor
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- 256 MB RAM / 2G ROM
- 3-megapixel rear camera with LED Flash
- 1200 mAh Li-ion battery
- FM Radio, WiFi, Bluetooth, USB, and 3.5mm audio jack
- 10.7 mm thin
- weight 115 gms