Huawei will soon announce a new low budget smartphone, dubbed as Ascend Y221, since it is listed in the company website without price tag and its availability details.
Some noticeable things are, the Ascend Y221 comes with dual-SIM slot and both slots supports 3G, but the device does not comes with GPS /A-GPS antenna. The phone will also not support the company’s Emotion UI. In terms of connectivity options, the handset include; WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, FM radio, Key-light, MicroUSB and WiFi hotpot.
The Huawei Ascend Y221 houses a 2-megapixels rear-facing camera, but no front-facing camera for video calling. The handset is backed by 1350mAh battery.
Key specifications of Huawei Ascend Y221 :
- 3.5 inch touch screen display
- HVGA 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- G-sensor and Accelerometer Sensor
- MediaTek MT6572M Dual-Core 1GHz processor
- 512 MB RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat OS
- 4GB internal storage
- dual-SIM (WCDMA+WCDMA) with dual standby
- 3G, WiFi 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth, FM radio, Key-light, MicroUSB and WiFi hotpot
- 2-megapixels rear-facing camera
- 1350mAh battery
The Huawei Ascend Y221 will be available in Black and White variant colours for sub Rs 4000. It will rock in the market, because of dual-3G SIM slot and low prices.