Unlocking of Huawei E5172s-920 STC Router of Saudi Arabia is very easy, as it comes with un-customized firmware and after changing the default SIM with another network SIM, the device asks you to enter the unlock code. For single unlock code, the charge is only 2.38 USD, while for bulk you can refer this post.
But, Huawei E5172s-927 STC router of Saudi Arabia comes with customized firmware and does not ask you for unlock code. This article is based on Hasan Abdullah comments at http://modemsolution.com/unlock-huawei-e5172-stc-saudi-arabia-wifi-router-gateway/#comment-1918684201
According to the comments made, E5172s-927 can be unlocked via firmware upgrade process only.
How to Unlock Huawei E5172s-927 STC Router of Saudi Arabia
2. Make sure your router is connected to a constant power supply, during firmware upgrade process, any power failure will make dead your E5172S-920 STC router.
3. Access router management page by entering 192.168.1.1 (or refer bottom of the router) into your web browser (better use Internet Explorer).
4. Login to device using username and password of the router (default user : admin / password : admin)
5. From the HOME page go to UPDATE.
6. Click browse to navigate to the place where you have extracted the E5172S-920_Anti_STC_927_Update.BIN file and click on open to select it.
7. Press update and wait for the finish. When it finished click on login to once again login to the router manager.
8. Download the update firmware from the following link or any other firmware you want. Different firmware gives access to different features available on the router that STC block, such as the external antenna, voice calls, different frequencies etc.
9. Download Huawei E5172s-927 STC Router unlocked firmware (MPWUDPUPDATE_V200R001C115SP100.BIN)
10. Once again, login into to the router manager and update the firmware following the previous steps (4 – 7).
11. When it has completed updating, log in again. That’s it! Your router is now unlocked.
12. If you want to update the firmware you have to first update with the file named: E5172s-927_AntiOM100.BIN then update with your desired firmware.
Note : We have personally not checked the procedure. Do it at your own risk.
Credits goes to HAMD.G he has uploaded full video at :