This trick is about how to increase the speed of GPRS, while using GPRS through mobile to Computer. After doing the small changes in your DNS you can get the better speed. GPRS speed or you can say internet speed depends on DNS, if your DNS address will give query results fast then you will get internet speed fast. Hence, we are providing you the best Open DNS server address (You can use Google DNS address also) to increase speed in gprs. This Open DNS server address will work with all GPRS service provider eg. Airtel, Vodafone, Aircel, Idea, Uninor, Reliance, Tata Docomo etc. Since most of time network provider takes about 4 seconds for a query or it gets timed up due to the overload of the server. So i started using OpenDSN server – which is a free and powerful DNS service.
Use following DNS server address :
Open DNS Server
Preferred DNS server: 22.214.171.124
Alternate DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
Google DNS Server
Preferred DNS server : 188.8.131.52
Alternate DNS Server : 184.108.40.206
Guide to do settings in Windows XP PC :
- Click on Start button > Settings > Control Pannel> Network Connections.
- Right click on “dialup connection” or your Internet connection, Click on Properties button.
- In general TAB, Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Click on Properties button and Look for Preferred DNS Server:
5. Enter the following values there,
And keep the setting of obtain IP address as automatic.
6. Save and close the windows. If you are using old version of windows you may need to reboot the system…
The above said trick will work perfectly if you are connecting to internet through Bluetooth also.
This process will 100% increase your internet speed.
Note : You can use this DNS trick for mobile also. It’s will solve disconnection problem.