We all love the beautiful interface of Windows and keep installing freeware from the internet. In Oct 2010, Microsoft has released its Windows 10 Technical Preview and developers started updating the software to made it compatible. In this post, we will share a third-party app, the ViStart, that changes the Windows 8.1 / Win 8 and Win 7 start menu look like Windows 10.
How to install ViStart and Get Windows 10 Start menu skin in Win 8.1 / 8 / 7
1. Visit the download link and get a free copy of ViStart.
2. Install it in PC and download the Windows 10 Start menu skin.
3. Extract the downloaded RAR file using WinRAR, WinZip, PeaZIP, 7-Zip or any another third party apps in a folder.
4. Inside the extracted folder, you will get a folder named as Neuer Ordner. Open it and you will get two folders : “Windows10Startmenunew forxpvistaand7” and “Windows10Startmenunewfor win8and8.1”.
5. Copy the “Windows10Startmenunew forxpvistaand7” for Windows 7 (if you are running Windows 7) or “Windows10Startmenunewfor win8and8.1” for Windows 8.1 / 8 (if you are running Windows 8.1 / 8) to ViStart’s skins folder.
Note : To quickly access the skins folder of ViStart, type %appdata%\ViStart\_skins in Run command box and press Enter.
8. You will get a window “Replace of Skip File”.
10. Now, run the ViStart program again, if it is already running then kill from the taskbar. While running, you will see ViStart icon in the system tray. Click on it and then click Options. If you not able to get the ViStart program then in Run box type %appdata%\ViStart and press Enter. You will get ViStart application.
11. Right click on ViStart Icon from the notification bar and click options.
There are another plenty of another customization options are also available in ViStart. You can download it from here.