Gionee is planning to release upgraded version of Marathon M2, dubbed as Marathon M3. New flagship smartphones from the Chinese handset maker, Marathon M3 and Elife S5.1 is listed in the company website of India without any tag price and its availability details.
In terms of connectivity options, the Marathon M3 include; 3G, HSPA, Wifi-802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth V4.0 with A2DP, WLAN Direct, USB tethering, Gionee Xender, Hotknot , Smart gesture, GPS, A-GPS, FM radio and Dual SIM. The handset runs Android v4.4 kitkat OS out of the box.
The Gionee Marathon M3 is powered by a Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor, clubbed with ARM Mali450 MP GPU and 1GB of RAM. It also comes with 8GB of internal storage that is further expandable with upto 128GB of microSD card. It is equipped with a set of sensors like Digital Compass, Proximity, G-sensor, E-Compass and motion sensors.
The Gionee M3 has additional features like Face Unlock, OTA, Game Zone, yahoo cricket and OTG Support (keyboard, mouse , charging). Under the hood 5000mAh battery is installed that is rated for standby time up to 32.8 days or talk time up to 32.46h (3G) /51h (2G). It weighs 180.29 gms (w/o battery).
Key specifications of Gionee Marathon M3 :
- 5-inches HD IPS OGS touchscreen display
- 1280*720 pixels resolution
- 10.4mm thin
- 8-megapixels rear-facing camera with LED flash
- 2-megapixels front-facing camera
- 3G, HSPA, Wifi-802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth V4.0 with A2DP, WLAN Direct
- USB tethering, Gionee Xender, Hotknot , Smart gesture, GPS, A-GPS, FM radio and Dual SIM
- Android v4.4 kitkat OS
- Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex A7 processor
- ARM Mali450 MP GPU
- 1GB RAM
- 8GB ROM
- Face Unlock, OTA, Game Zone, yahoo cricket and OTG Support (keyboard, mouse , charging)
- 5000mAh battery
The Gionee Marathon M3 will be soon available in India in White & Black colour options for sub Rs 15000.