When you right-click on any type of file in Windows operating system, the ‘Open With’ option allows you open a file in a different program than the default program associated with the file type, and there you can also set a default program for a file type. But, what you will do , if “Open With” option is missing from your Windows 10 PC.
If you are not able to find out “Open With” in the context menu, it happens due to Open With key is corrupted or missing from ContextMenuHandlers in Registry.
How to restore the “Open With” option to file context menu in Windows 10?
1. First, create a system restore point before editing the Registry so that you can restore your PC to an earlier date if something goes wrong.
2. Open Registry Editor by typing Regedit in Start menu or taskbar search box and then pressing Enter key. Click Yes button when you see the User Account Control prompt.
3. In the Registry Editor window, navigate to the following key:
4. Expand ContextMenuHandlers by double-clicking on it and look for a key : Open With.
If the key doesn’t exist, right-click on ContextMenuHandlers, select New > Key.
5. Enter the name for the key as “Open With”.
If “Open With Key” already exist, then just double click on Default from right side pane.
6. Enter the value as :
7. Click OK and close the registry editor.