I had previously written article about “How to update the dashboard of any Huawei modem?“. Today, I am writing an article about how to update the firmware of any Huawei modem?
Why firmware update is necessary ?
Some modems come with customized firmware and to unlock it, you need to flash the firmware first. After flashing the modem only customized modem accepts unlock code.
Huawei modems come in market with old software and lower version firmware. If you want to update the firmware to enjoy bug-free internet then also it is essential to upgrade the firmware of Huawei modem.
How to update the firmware of any Huawei modem?
1. Download the appropriate firmware for your Huawei data card.
2. Plug the USB stick into your PC / laptop and let it install the Mobile Partner software (branded dongle software).
3. After the installation of Huawei Mobile Partner software in your PC, connect to the internet and download the correct firmware update file to the Desktop.
4. Now disconnect from the internet and close the branded mobile partner application completely.
5. Double-click the Firmware Upgrade file.
6. Wait for the Firmware Upgrade file to search for your USB stick.
7. Once firmware detects the dongle, you will see the following:
Communication port, Connection status, Current Version, Target Version, IMEI of your modem and Download Mode.
8. Now check mark on “Auto remove the device after update”.
9. Now click Next button to begin the firmware upgrade.
10. A warning notice will appear. Please note that any disruption to the upgrade process will corrupt the firmware. Thus, do not unplug the USB Modem or shutdown PC during the upgrade process.
11. Wait for the upgrade process to be completed. Please be patient. This may take a few minutes.
12. You will see Downloading Progress…… bar, wait till it finishes.
13. Once the upgrade process is completed, you will come to this final screen – Update Success!. Now your firmware has now been successfully upgraded.
14. Now click on finish and you can eject the modem.