Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista offers the plug and play feature, means most of the devices drivers get installed as soon as you plug it to PC. You can also find the drivers online, but in many cases, it does not available on the manufacturer’s website too. Once you lost your drivers CD or you have not got the drivers CD from your PC / laptop, then you must want to backup it for further use. Here Double Driver is quite handy application, which can backup and restore the drivers.
Drivers are very essential part of any device that hook directly into Windows and control the essential tasks of communicating your instructions to a hardware device and then provide data back to you.
To know which hardware drivers are installed / not installed on your computer, Right-click Computer / My Computer / This PC > Manage > System Tools > Computer Management > Device Manager.
Double Driver is a very simple and useful tool, which allows you to view detailed information of all the drivers installed on your system; also can backup, restore, save and print all chosen drivers.
This program analyzes the operating system and lists the driver details such as version, date, provider, etc and let you update the latest version. It also comes in portable format, means there is no need to install. This freeware can be used with Windows Vista / 7 / 8 / 10.
How to Backup and Restore Drivers using Double Driver?
1. Download the software from major geeks.
2. Extract in a folder using WinRAR.
3. Double click on DD.exe file to run this application.
4. Click on Backup.
5. Click “Scan Current System”.
6. Select the all desired files, which drivers you want to backup.
7. Click “Bacup Now”.
8. Change the destination or leave it default.
From Output you can select ‘Structured folder (default), ‘Compress (zipped) folder’, or ‘Single file self extract (executable)’.
I am selecting default option ‘Structured folder (default)’.
9. After a few second, it will start backup.
It will take time according to the size of files, which you have selected.
10. To restore the file, click on “Restore” button of Double Driver app.
11. Click “Locate Backup”.
11. Select the folder where your backup is available and finally click on Restore Now.
Overall, Double Driver is a nice software and also it is free. However, in our test of Windows 10, I was not able to create an executable file of drivers backup.